Thursday, December 10, 2015

Not the Mayor Blog

I had my Mayor Blog during my 2.25 terms as Mayor of Roland. It still is out there, but I wanted to start something different, as the topics will be slightly different. My Mayor Blog was to pass on info for what was going on in the city. And it was also to put my spin on Roland current events.

So here I am with a new blog.  Kinda been pondering this.  I want to use this to offer my take on various items, but that may be a little more in depth that what can go on a Facebook post.  And I may dabble in political commentary a bit more.  And still possibly comment on the goings on in Roland.

I know a lot of people put political memes and commentary on Facebook.  But I'm starting to find it tiresome.  I have my opinions too.  But when I go to Facebook, I want to see sports photos, Prom pictures, short notes on how people's days are going, comments about a favorite song, and maybe the occasional "I'm here at this great restaurant."

If you post some meme from Rachel Maddow that just nails Donald Trump, to paraphrase Shania Twain, "That don't impress me much."

So I'm not going to start ranting on Facebook.  But I find it invigorating at times to tap out my thoughts.  So here a way for me to do so.  And if you came here to read it, great.  But it isn't necessarily pushed on you, you have to search it out.

So my goal is to record some of my thoughts of the day.  I figure there will be some music videos, comments on sports, the weather, and what I am up to.  So let's see how this goes.  Game on!


No comments:

Post a Comment