Friday, February 19, 2016

Angie Tribeca

Saw some ads on TBS for a show called Angie Tribeca. In the ads, the humor seemed to be in the vein of the movie Airplane! and the Police Squad movie and sequels. OK, Leslie Nielsen is dead, but I think he would approve. This is a pretty funny show, and the gags are some real groaners. Which of course is just what you would expect. Here is an ad.

But like Police Squad! it is a cop show. Which leads to all sorts of sight gags and such. In the episode I watched today, Angie and her partner "Jay Geils" (80s joke), are about to arrest an art dealer. He exclaims, "I've been framed!" right when movers are carrying a large frame by him. Yes, groan away. But I endorse it. Give it a look on TBS.

Oh yeah, that art dealer, his name was Dr. Zaius. (a main character from the movie Planet of the Apes).

Just when I think I'm done, I think of more dumb stuff. An expensive painting got stolen. In the art gallery, there was a sign in front of the painting that said, "Do Not Touch". The thief came with a can of spray paint and "X"ed out the word "Not". The police were incredulous at the thief who was smart enough to spray out the word "Not" so he could steal the painting. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment