Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Biggest Tweet Ever

I like Twitter. Probably my favorite social media outlet nowadays, supplanting Facebook. Great for brief snippets of news. However, the best part is the snark. NFL Draft night was probably my favorite. The wise guys come out of the bushes, for their takes on teams and players.

Of course, I like to offer my snark on the world as well. I tend to be a bit more course on Twitter than Facebook, because it is so easy to turn into a flame war between friends on Facebook. And that is no fun.

So last night, after ISU knocked off the #1 college basketball team, the Oklahoma Sooners, I had a little fun on Twitter as well. But it was at the expense of a Kansas hoops star. So anyway, ISU had not beaten a #1 team since 1957. And that was Wilt Chamberlain led Kansas. But currently, KU has a player named Perry Ellis. Ellis is a great player, been starting since his freshman year I believe. So in college basketball, that seems like forever. Added to that, he has a massive receding hairline, and to most observers, he looks way too old to be playing college basketball. So I tweeted this.

Anyway, this tweet went cuckoo on Twitter. It has been retweeted (shared in Facebook terms) scores of times. Over 12,000 people have seen it. I know that is not a big deal for Donald Trump, a Kardashian, or ESPN. But kind of a big deal for little ol' me. I just thought I was being funny to try to amuse my 250 followers. But it really blew up. Reminds me of a certain lawn mowing video.....

No comments:

Post a Comment