Friday, January 15, 2016

Warsteiner Dunkel

Vicki took a girls' weekend trip to Galena, Illinois. She took her credit card along, so that was bad news. But fortunately, the nice wife that she is, she returned with a gift for me. Namely a 6 pack of random beers. I honestly cannot remember 4 of them. One I didn't like. It was ginger beer of some kind. It wasn't "bad", but certainly nothing I would drink, given a choice of any other beer.

But there was one I really liked, and it was Warsteiner Dunkel. I'm no beer connoisseur, where I write about them, and know my IPAs from pilsners, from my lagers. I know them when I see them, but can't really explain them.

In short, it is a dark beer, maybe a hint of coffee taste to it. Here is a description from their website.

Anyway, I thought it might be one of those micro beers I would never see again. But after a look on the web, I found a couple places in Ames where I could get it. My store of choice for adult beverages, Cyclone Liquors, carries it. And right across the parking lot, Hy-Vee carries it as well. So anyway, if you like trying different beers, I give it my endorsement.

PS Here are some reviews from the beer connoisseurs.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite beers. Drank a ton of it when I was in Germany and was overjoyed when they started carrying it at HyVee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sixer in the fridge now! If you ever get stranded in Roland, I'll send a St. Bernard over with one tied to its neck to save you.

      Delete
    2. I have a sixer in the fridge now! If you ever get stranded in Roland, I'll send a St. Bernard over with one tied to its neck to save you.

      Delete