Saturday, January 16, 2016

Nissan Truck Ad

Those of us in Iowa are bombarded with political ads lately. I actually kind of enjoy them in a sick way. But 1/2 of them are ripping on the opposition. And such is how it is in a lot of advertising. Whether it is a politician or a can of soup. Differentiating yourself from the competitor.

Just saw one that breaks that mold. Nissan has a new ad out for their Titan pickup. Nissan actually gives a nod of appreciation to their competitors, and what they have done.

Of course this ad follows my rule of, "If you are on top, never mention your competitors, and if you are not, you mention them every chance you get." I'm not a marketing major, but that is my opinion.

So Nissan met my rule in this case, albeit briefly. But it is just a great ad. Pulls at heartstrings, nostalgia, and still shows the product at the end.

I'm somewhat partial to Nissans. Drive the Titan's little brother, a 2005 Frontier. My first car was a Datsun/Nissan, and probably am going to get a Murano later this year. But I'm ready to go out and buy a Titan now!

No comments:

Post a Comment